The Precision Manufacturing Industry, represented by the member companies of the Western Mass Chapter of the National Tooling and Machining Association (WMNTMA), has some exciting employment opportunities for individuals looking for challenging and professionally rewarding careers. Meet our employees and share in their confidence and excitement.
The WMNTMA member companies serve customers in the aerospace and defense, medical parts, transportation and commercial markets. The companies conduct business in national and international markets, with 90% of the business occurring outside of the Pioneer Valley Region of Massachusetts, and 75% of the business occurring outside Massachusetts.
- WMNTMA regular member companies employed 1257 people in 2011.
- WMNTMA regular member companies generated $231 million in gross sales in 2011.
- Average Employee Salary after Five Years: $50,000 plus Full Benefits.
- Starting hourly wage range for a Skilled Machinist: $18.00-$22.00.
- Starting hourly wage range for an entry level employee: $12.00-$15.00.
- Career advancement and continuous learning opportunities for employees.
The following is a partial listing of career opportunities in the precision manufacturing industry:
- CNC Machinists
- Tool & Die Maker
- CNC Operator
- CNC Programmer/Process Engineer
- Quality Inspector
- Deburring Specialist
- CAD Designers
- Machine Repair Specialist
Please click on Job Postings for a list of current available employment opportunities.